Somedays, it is pitch black.
Somedays, it is full of rainbows.
Either way, I am alive.
There is a heart beating inside.
Somedays, it is full of rainbows.
Either way, I am alive.
There is a heart beating inside.
I woke up on a darker day, putting on a fight.
It is a war, war against myself.
Tears are shed, blood is boiling.
It is suffocating, It is dark.
Hey, I think I need a light.
When the day is full of colours,
Breathing in bright and shining colours,
Hopping around freely,
My heart is immensely full,
Please, keep the day going.
Little did I know,
Black is still a colour
I am a blank canvas,
open wide to be painted
Black, pink, blue, yellow,
It doesn't matter,
When I'm painted,
It is still me.
The same heart is still beating.
Black can be prettier,
Maybe the black will help other colours inside me shine,
It is just another colour that will be on canvas,
I'm going to embrace it and appreciate it,
Because art is not meant to perfect,
But to be appreciated,
Maybe someone will appreciate the black on me.
- Sarah Isyah

No comments:
Post a Comment