Self-Love Review The Story Beauty Poetry About Me Contact

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Kpop as an escape

Assalamualaikum and hi everyone. So, today I'm back with another entry but it is not the continuation from my Korea trip. I'm not really feeling in continuing it because most of the days are pretty much similar. Anyway, I do make a vlog on it so you guys can check it [Here]. But if you want to know more of Korea trip please leave a comment.


Today I'm going to share with you guys about Kpop. I'm pretty sure a lot of my readers and my friends are aware that I'm a huge Kpop fan. Recently, Kpop is growing bigger than when I first into Kpop especially in Malaysia. When Kpop is huge of course we can see tons of people liking it and hating on it. It's a tea. You can not blame the haters, it is just their norm of hating something people like. What should we do if we confront haters? we ignore them.

Last week, I saw a tweet on Twitter this girl screenshot her conversation with her mom asking her mom to sponsor her to a Kpop concert. Then her mom said no, she can't afford it because the concert is in another city (this happened in America if I'm not mistaken, not a Malaysian I think so). She then was mad at her mother and said that nobody actually loves her but her Korean idol. When I read this I was really mad. You are supposed to work on your own, save up some money. It's your interest, not your mother's. She already works hard enough to raise you and yet you telling her your Korean idol loves you more than your mother?

I can relate how she actually sees her Korean idol as her savior or "the only people who love her" but I do not understand why she needs to be so rude to her mother. I can relate but I will not be rude to my mother. Maybe she's too young I don't know.

I was having a harsh time now and then and I don't really know what to do to feel better. The only things that I'm so interested in are Kpop. So I'll watch their videos, listen to their music without realizing it I feel much better. Kpop is so much more than just music they have tons of videos of them doing so many things like a variety show, daily life series, travel and a lot of funny videos. That's why we feel close to them, we watch them grow.

Yet, being Kpop fans sometimes can be hard. You see another Kpop fans going to their concert, buying their merchandise, buying their album and attending fansign. This makes you feel upset because you can't afford. It's been 8 years for me, I've been through that. Honestly, it is okay to be broke. No one to blame, not your parents. We need to work harder because you will appreciate it more. I won't forget my first ever album and my first concert. Till now I only went to one concert I have no official merchandise and 2 Kpop album and I'm still proud of it.

When my parents first found out I love Kpop, they against me. Well, strict Asian parents hahaha. But I can't stop it, it becomes like an addiction. At least I don't do drugs. LOL. However, addiction can't always be negative. There is a positive effect on me at least. Because Kpop, I'm into writings. I start my blog life because of Kpop. Although my blog was so cringy (my blog name is yayakpopgirl..... like... wtf?) Because of it I became a passionate writer, I got an offer to become a contributor on Zalora and I just got accepted to become one of the pool writers on crunchbynuffnang.

So, any though of Kpop you want to share with me? Feel free to comment down below. See you guys in next post!

3 comments:

  1. at first my parents pun macam tu jugak, maybe they think kpop will only bring something negative, but my exam result langsung tak terjejas by meminati those kpop, then my parents senyap je skrg >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I consider myself as a kpopper. I missed the old time, back when kpop was not that mainstream. It felt exclusive to me! Hahah. But now, as kpop is getting more popular, I'm gradually losing interest in Kpop, except for my ultimate favourite group: Super Junior, and some other groups that I still listen to.

    ReplyDelete